The stadium was located in the Wissinoming section of Philadelphia at the corner of Frankford Ave. and Deveraux Street.
After the 1930 NFL season, a fire caused major damage to the stadium and the YellowJackets became a homeless team and played games at various sights in their final two years of existence, including the Baker Bowl and Frankford memorial Stadium (which now serves as Frankford High Schools Stadium).The YellowJackets also played games at Shibe Park(1925,26) and Franklin Field(1927).
In 1933 the YellowJackets became the Philadelphia Eagles.
Located in North Philadelphia, at the corner of Broad and Huntingdon streets, The Baker Bowl became the first home to the Philadelphia Eagles.They played there from 1933 to 1935.
The Baker Bowl was actually the Phillies Stadium, The Eagles rented it from the Phillies for their games. The stadium,sometimes called Huntingdon street grounds, was named after William Baker, owner of the Phillies.
The Baker Bowl was the first stadium built entirely out of steel and brick, and at the time it was built was considered a modern marvel. The Phillies moved out after the 1938 season and the stadium fell into dis-repair. It was torn down in 1950.
From 1936 thru the 1939 season, the Eagles played their home games at Municipal Stadium (later renamed JFK Stadium).
Municipal Stadium was located in South Philadelphia, where the First Union Center is currently located.
The stadium was originally built for the Sesquicentenial celebration in 1926.It was also the home to the Army-navy game for many years, along with concerts and other shows.In 1985, JFK Stadium hosted the United States end of the Live Aid concert.
The stadium was torn down in 1992 to make way for the First Union Center.In the picture, JFK Stadium is in the foreground, The Spectrum and The Vet are in the background.
After Having two different home fields in seven years, The Eagles found a more permanent home for the 1940 season at Shibe Park, they played ther through the 1957 season.
Shibe Park, later renamed Connie Mack Stadium after the hall of fame Philadelphia A's coach, was located at 21st and Lehigh in North Philadelphia.
Built in 1909, Shibe was also the home to the Philadelphia As from 1909-1954, and the Phillies from 1938-1970.
The stadium was damaged by a fire in 1971, and demolished in 1976.
From 1958 thru the 1970 season The Eagles played their home games at Franklin Field.
Franklin Field is located on 33rd street in West Philadelphia on the University of Pennsylvania campus. It is named after Philadelphias Benjamin Franklin
Franklin Field is the Oldest two-tiered stadium in the country. The lower level was constructed in 1922 with the upper deck completed in 1925.
The stadium is currently the home of the Ivy Leagues Pennsylvania Quakers.
|Beginning with the 1970 season, The Eagles new home became Veterans Memorial Stadium, Commonly known as "The Vet".|
The stadium, which was completed in 1970, is located at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue in South Philadelphia adjacent to the spectrum and Jfk Stadium.
The Vet is another stadium that is shared by The eagles and The Phillies.
It was also home to the USFL Philadelphia Stars for two years.
The Eagles final game at The Vet was played in Janurary of 2003 against The Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC Championship game.
Beginning with the 2003 season, The Eagles will have a new home, Lincoln Financial Field, "The Linc" will have the first official NFL game on Monday night, September 8, 2003 against the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The Linc is a state of the art stadium with a natural grass field.It will also have giant scorboards at each end of the field.
It is located in the South Philadelphia sports complex along with The Vet,The Spectrum, The First Union Center, and the new Phillies stadium which is currently under construction.
All we need now is a Super Bowl Trophy to put in the new stadium.